Thursday, April 23, 2009

Favourite TV Series; 38 Days To Go

It is the second day in my quest of blogging for 40 straight days and I am already feeling some writer's block. Seriously WTF!!! its only the second day I expect better out of myself so therefore I am gonna try to make this post as enjoyable as possible.

I'm gonna talk about TV series 'cause apparently some people want to see more of that on the blog and I like to appease the wishes of our readers. Please keep an open mind about the selections. If you feel I'm right or wrong in some selections post a comment and we can debate :).

Top 10 TV Series in 2008/2009 thus far

10.
Battlestar Galactica (Sci Fi Network): Ok I don't even watch this show but a certain someone that is close to me would kill me if I didn't mention it lol. This show is not just full of political allegories and fascinating, multifaceted characters, every season, it has one or two “are you kidding me!” shockers

9. The Office (NBC): this show has gone down on my list over the years but it is the TV equivalent of my favourite pair of jeans. It may have seen better days, but it just feels comfy and familiar. And it is still capable of pulling off some big laughs and even some tearjerking moments when we least expect them (such as Jim’s proposal to Pam).

8. Gossip Girl (CW): Yea I know what you're thinking but I do watch this show as I started reading the books in grade 8, they were pretty funny and dramatic and gave me an inside look on what hot girls think and feel to an extent. Narrated by the unseen blogger "Gossip Girl,"(‘cause bloggers secretly rule people’s lives :) the series revolves around the lives of rich teenagers growing up in NYC's Upper East Side who attend elite schools while dealing with friends, family, jealousy, sex and other issues.

7. The L Word (Showtime): Follows the lives and loves of a small, close-knit group of lesbians living in Los Angeles as well as the friends and family members that either support or loath them. Very underrated and also finished its last season now but if you can get past all the sex and nudity and watch it objectively it is pretty dramatic plus it represents the gay community very well from what I hear.

6. Mad Men (AMC): A drama about one of New York's most prestigious ad agencies at the beginning of the 1960s. Like Gossip Girl, Mad Men is a style-obsessed series about the emotions that run rampant beneath the clever banter and casually immoral behaviour. Unlike Gossip Girl, Mad Men aspires to be art.

5. Fringe (Fox): The best new show of the year, a TV drama centered around a female FBI agent who is forced to work with a mad scientist in order to rationalize a brewing storm of unexplained phenomena. Plus, the tension between Dr. Bishop and his mad, sar­castic son, Peter, offers a fresh way to present long-unresolved parent-child conflict.

4. Chuck (NBC): Computer nerd turned into CIA agent that’s a guarantee for success :P. This delightful and well-crafted spy dramedy brings a smile to my face every week. The silliness of Chuck’s friends at the Buy More electronics store greatly increases the fun. Plus Chuck is just like every nerd, he wants a hot girlfriend, and that just happens to not only be his partner in crime but also his former friend from college, Sarah.

3. House (Fox): I realize some people have been put off by this show lately but it is still the same show in essence and that is about an antisocial doctor who specializes in diagnostic medicine and does whatever it takes to solve puzzling cases that come his way using his crack team of doctors and his wits. Plus Hugh Laurie is still awesome.

2. 30 Rock (NBC): Smart, sophisticated, endlessly quotable and utterly necessary comedy. Liz Lemon, head writer of the sketch comedy show "TGS with Tracy Jordan", must deal with an arrogant new boss and a crazy new star, all while trying to run a successful TV show without losing her mind. Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin are endlessly funny and Tracy Morgan is pretty awesome too.

1. Supernatural (CW): Unheralded but excellent. This show intertwines thrills, dude-tastic humor and solid storytelling into each episode. Sam and Dean Winchester, are brothers who hunt demons and other figures of the paranormal. Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles have awesome chemistry not to mention this show is funny, dramatic, and thrilling all at the same time!!

All right those have been my favourite shows thus far If you’ve got some you want to share like I said earlier post a comment and we can debate.

Peace and Much Love To Ya :)

*Note: although this series finished in 2006 I just started watching it after the insistence from a very good friend and I must say it is very good and probably would have made this list if it were still running and that is The West Wing (WB).

No comments: