Wednesday, April 22, 2009

1 Down, 39 To Go

This is, of course, the first day in my endeavor to post for 40 straight days and I'm gonna keep it real simple and short and of course sweet. I am a huge fan of sports as many of you know but what you guys don't know is that growing up despite dreaming of winning the Stanley Cup (NHL), Larry O'Brien Trophy (NBA), Commissioner's Trophy (MLB), Vince Lombardi Trophy (NFL), an Olympic Gold Medal in any event, and all the golf and tennis Majors in my life. The next thing I wanted to be growing up was a sports broadcaster. I used to watch Sportscenter every night at 8pm PCT, and Dan Patrick and Keith Olbermann were my heroes and idols still to this day. I thought they were the funniest and coolest people ever (I still do) and I wanted to be just like them. So much in fact that when I would be playing sports video games on my Super Nintendo like NHL '95 or NBA Live I would pretend I was them and "broadcast" the highlights of my virtual game to myself, even now I still do it sometimes.

Growing up watching these larger than life sportscasters such as the "*Big Show" duo, Steve Levy, Bob Ley, Chris Berman, Stuart Scott and Charlie Steiner to name just a few. I quickly realized that they weren't always perfect and occasionally messed up. As I perused youtube while taking a break from studying I came across an ESPN blooper reel and remembered some of the bloopers I had witnessed in my younger days and I want to share those with everybody, there sentimental to me but for you guys they'll be downright hilarious.

"Tell them I can hear them!!" "hopefully you'll have sex" "playing with a bulging dick" --> these are just some of the greatest bloopers ever!!



Some of the bloopers are repeated in this vid but watching Charlie Steiner laugh is hilarious!!



Peace and Much Love To Ya :)

*The Big Show was what Dan and Keith called their show when they anchored Sportscenter and that's who I was referring to.

Note: I guess it wasn't short after all but it was simple and awesome I think.

No comments: