Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentines Day Is...

Tomorrow of course and for all the guys out there who don’t take this day seriously just a heads up, your girlfriend does so you gotta make sure you don’t screw up on Valentine’s day or your gonna be in for a long month. So to help out as best I can to everybody out there, I’ve come up with a best 10 list of love songs that I feel carry the message of what love is. I got an oldskool feeling to me ya heard, so if you find you don’t know many people on the list don’t think I’m crazy or something, and keep in mind I’m just trying to help you. For those of you who have been spurned and are gonna hate the love list and me for creating it fear not I got a breakup songs list too and that one is filled with more recent artists mainly ‘cause I kinda threw it together last minute but it’s still good too and if it helps you to hate me go ahead. So I wish y’all a happy Valentine’s day and remember somebody loves you (hopefully you’ve already found them), if nobody does remember I will always love you (especially ‘cause you read the blog).

Without further ado here are the lists:

Top 10 Love Songs
10. Bon Jovi - "Always"
9. Lyfe Jennings - "Midnight Train"
8. Whitney Houston - "I Will Always Love You"
7. Norah Jones - "Come Away With Me"
6. Stevie Wonder - "You Are the Sunshine Of My Life"
5. Barry White - "You're the First, the Last, My Everything"
4. Paul McCartney - "My Love"
3. Boyz II Men - "I'll Make Love To You"
2. Marvin Gaye – "Let’s Get It On" and "I Want You"
1. Beatles - "I Want To Hold Your Hand"

Honourable Mention: Any ballad by Prince

Top 10 Breakup Songs
10. Bob Marley & The Wailers – "No Woman, No Cry"
9. Carole King - "It's Too Late"
8. Kanye West - "Heartless"
7. Carrie Underwood - "Before He Cheats"
6. Mary J. Blige - "Not Goin’ Cry"
5. Justin Timberlake - "Cry Me a River”
4. Three Days Grace - "(I Hate) Everything About You"
3. Beyonce – "Irreplaceable"
2. Lyfe Jennings – "Goodbye"
1. Gloria Gaynor - "I Will Survive"

Honourable Mention: Kelly Clarkson - "Since U Been Gone"

Peace and Much Love To Ya

No comments: