Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Countdown to 2010 Winter Olympics

There is officially roughly less than a year until the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics! After many years of anticipating this momentous event, it is finally reaching its home stretch. There are many people that don't agree with the Olympics and many that don't enjoy it, but it cannot be denied that Vancouver will take center stage this time next year and we're ready to represent Canada.

Athletes have trained long and hard for their respective events and from their respective countries; I cannot imagine their excitement because although the Olympics will be great for the viewers, these athletes are the ones being watched and of course, competing to win. I, being Canadian, would love to see Canada take home many medals (especially athletes from VanCity!), but I know there are fantastic athletes from other countries as well.

I really hope everyone will tune in (I know you UBC students have extra time off just for the Olympics) to cheer for our guys and gals! I make it sound like it's tomorrow, but it really is in about a year. I'm just incredibly excited for this important event that will focus the world's attention on the most beautiful place in the world, British Columbia.

I promise I will post updates about the specific events I watch this time next year just in case some of you guys miss it. If I manage to get tickets, I will try to get pictures or post about exciting bits not shown on tv. I really hope I can be there to feel the excitment first hand. If any of you readers out there go to any events, let us know and comment about it! We'd love to hear from you =)

That's all for me today! Ciao!

- Franny.

No comments: