Sunday, May 31, 2009

Completing The Journey & LeBron Talks About Loss Finally

As all of you know by now that 40 days ago I started a commitment to blog for 40 straight days. When I first started out on this venture a lot of people, including myself, believed that I didn't have the commitment to write for 40 days. However, as a co-brainchild of this blog (Franny is the other), I have come to love writing for this blog and keeping people up to date with relevant news and sports issues and letting my opinion on such issues be an influencing factor in the minds of those who read the posts.

I want to thank all the readers who tuned in every day and to those who only tuned in for one of the days in my quest. I would like to thank all the people that supported me in this venture and believed I could do it and that goes out to my good friends and writers of this blog. So a big thanks to Franny, for reading each of my posts and saying good things about them, and giving me the confidence to blog each day without the fear of sounding stupid. Also, thanks to the supporting crew: Gentlemanly Capitalism, Jen, and Mehpara Khan for believing in me. I would really like to thank my good friend MJY who tuned in for most of the posts about the NBA playoffs and commented on my facebook wall (next time just comment on the post, it's easier lol), I appreciate your thoughts MJY and go Lakers!! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LeBron finally talked about not making the NBA Finals, and he insisted Cleveland's loss to Orlando will not impact his future with the Cavaliers. LeBron stormed out of Amway Arena without speaking to the media Saturday night after the Cavs were eliminated with a 103-90 loss to the Magic in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals. The league MVP, who also did not shake hands with Olympic teammate Dwight Howard, or congratulate any Orlando players as he left the floor, said Sunday that he's happy in Cleveland and feels the Cavs made major progress this season.

"I'm great. I feel great about this situation that's going on," LeBron said. "You want to continue to get better, that's all you can ask. We got better and I feel this team will be better next season. You don't want to take a step backward. I think we went forward from the Boston series (a Game 7 loss in the semis) last year."

"Hopefully we can go forward next year." The Cavaliers won 66 regular-season games and their second Central Division title this season. LeBron, who averaged 38.5 points, 8.3 rebounds and 8.2 assists against Orlando, said he hasn't given any thought to signing a contract extension with the Cavs this summer. Cleveland can offer the extension on July 18 (the three-year anniversary of him signing his previous deal). "I don't know," James said when asked if he'll sign. "I haven't thought about it just yet. I'm just going to take time off from basketball and not think about contracts or the game period. I'll relax with my family we'll figure out once it comes from them."

James said he sent an e-mail to Howard following Saturday's game although he did not congratulate him after the game Saturday night. "It's hard for me to congratulate somebody after you just lose to them," he said. "I'm a winner. It's not being a poor sport or anything like that. If somebody beats you up, you're not going to congratulate them. That doesn't make sense to me. I'm a competitor. That's what I do. It doesn't make sense for me to go over and shake somebody's hand."

Peace and Much Love To Ya!! :)

No comments: