Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!!

To everybody around the world, we here at Arbitrary Opinions wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and hope you all got the presents you wanted and if you didn't at least you spent time with loved ones.

I would personally like to give a shout out to all my friends and my family all over the world and a big one to my partners in crime Franny and Gentlemanly Capitalism (that's a long ass name lol) thank you guys for being wonderful people filled with love and making this thing work and awesome presents.

Since it is Christmas and I'm done watching the Celtics lose to the Lakers in a customary Christmas basketball game (my own little tradition) I want to share my favourite Christmas memory.

Ok I was like seven years old and my family went down to Seattle to celebrate with some of my extended family and I wasn't too hyped since my presents always consisted of being, well kid stuff you know rollerblades, toys etc... so I was expecting the same old stuff you know maybe a toy Gundam (I would totally join the army if I could fly one of those, but so far only in my dreams) but when Christmas rolled around I was in for a surprise.

The day started off snowing and when it was time to open presents I was really excited for a toy Gundam, while I opened my first present from my much older cousin I saw everybody smiling mischievously, though I didn't recognize them for what they were at the time, I thought everybody was just happy it was Christmas so when I opened my present my face fell as I realized it was a lump of coal (the barbeque kind) and I almost cried but everybody around me started laughing and they teased me that I was bad that year.

Shortly after I sulked and contemplated what I had done wrong that year my cousins came up to me and handed me my next present which I refused to take but they assured me that the first one was a joke. As I looked at their faces I saw they were sincere and filled with love so I hesitantly opened the present and low and behold it was the Gundam I had so desperately wanted along with the biggest Hershey Kiss ever!! I swear it took me like a month to eat the thing.

So there you have it my favourite Christmas memory although at the time I felt bad and then happy, looking back it was the last time I really celebrated with my cousins who now have their own families and I got some cool presents and spent my holiday with loved ones and visited the Space Needle on New Years and watched the fireworks.

If you have any special memories we would love to hear them in the comment box. Once again, Merry Christmas!!

Peace and Much Love To Ya

No comments: