Thursday, October 15, 2009

Bleeding Blue.

This is a (less factual) counter-post to JabberWocky's preview of the ALCS.

I choose the New York Yankees to win the ALCS (and WS) for the following reasons:

THEY ARE THE BEST.

Besides having the best record not only in the American League but in the entire MLB during the regular season (yes, it does matter even in the post-season!), they are the most stacked. Stacked with horses and other big and strong animals. There's a good balance of youngins and veterans that make for a deadly--and winning--combination.

Everyone is freaking out about CC pitching on short rest and even the great KO has expressed his distaste towards Girardi's choice. My take? CC is a freaking horse! A really big horse that can keep going and going and going (well a horse or the energizer bunny). I don't want him to wear out his arm because even a horse needs to change its hooves once in awhile (I really don't know where I'm going with this metaphor so I'll stop). Let CC pitch an amazing 6 innings in Game 1, and give him another 5-6 in Game 4, and the bullpen will take care of the rest.

The alternative? Joba or Gaudin. Joba has been amazing in the bullpen and honestly this is the only compliment I've ever given (or will give) Joba. Gaudin is decent, but letting him have Game 4? I really don't want a Game 5 so I'm putting my foot down on that one.

I'm well aware that the Yankees and the Angels are quite evenly matched (as shown during the season), that is why I prayed that the Red Sox would take care of them--and they let me down *sigh* But fear not! The Yankees will prevail, you want to know why? (Re-read the words in CAPS). That reason and because I toasted the baseball gods to shine on the Yankees.

Ok here's a few more reasons for those of you who are fans of reason.

Derek Jeter (Captain Clutch. 'Nuff said.)
Johnny Damon (If he learns to swing again)
Mark Teixeira (His smile will blind his opponents)
Alex Rodriguez (SHE is not the reason why he's awesome kay)
Hideki Matsui (GODZILLAAAA)
Jorge Posada (Hip hip, Jorge! Hip hip, Jorge!)
Robinson Cano (Kinda reminds me of TI, don't know why)
Nick Swisher (I don't care if he doesn't swing, he makes everyone smile)
Melky Cabrera (He's clutch in his own way, LECHE!)
CC Sabathia (Everyone says he's a horse...in more ways than one)
A.J. Burnett (I want some of that pie)
Andy Pettitte (He's just so gosh darn solid and rocking the shadow)

I really apologize to the Yankees fans who were hoping my post would totally shoot down everything JabberWocky stated in his post, but I don't have time to do the research I'm sorry! All I can say is that New York is destined for a ring this year, and it ain't going to be the Mets, so, through my philosophy skills, it must be the Yankees.

ALCS starts tomorrow folks! Don't forget to watch and cheer for them Yankees! You'll know my level of joy if in my next post I say things like "El Capitan" "An A-bomb from A-Rod" "Tex-Message" and/or "Swishalicious". Enjoy! (except for JabberWocky, he won't enjoy this series at all).

- Franny.

No comments: