Sunday, July 12, 2009

Big Headlines.

I was going to save this news for when I'm not super tired but it's too juicy to wait.

Kim Jong Il, dictator of North Korea (unbiased material here folks), has been (rumored to be) diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, according to South Korea and China intel. This particular type of cancer has a less than 5% survival rate past 5 years after diagnosis.

I don't often wish "ill" on anyone (nor do I often make puns that are THAT predictable), but he should step down and allow for a democratic election to take place since his son doesn't want to take his place (like Kim did for his daddy). Ok, maybe I daydreamed a bit there, but KJI really annoys me. Such a headline whore! "Wahh, the US isn't paying attention to me so I'll threaten to bomb them with my super cool nukes!" That's so childish.

But he'll most likely receive a lot of media attention for the next while, and I'm sure National Inquirer (and maybe HuffPo or Drudge) will announce he's died more than once in the coming few years.

Another big headline: Texting teen falls in manhole!

THIS JUST IN: Japanese Prime Minister Taro Aso will dissolve parliament and hold elections on August 30th.

Until next time!

- Franny.

No comments: