Thursday, January 15, 2009

Inauguration Fever

5 DAYS FOLKS! Put on your Washington Wigs and Lincoln Hats NOW to get a 'head' start! You think that sounded ridiculous and a bit mental-institution worthy? Well clearly you haven't been freaked out by everyone else yet. I actually wanted to wear red, white, and blue to school but then I remembered I'm not going to school on that day because I am watching the INAUGURATION! I just wanted to bring the crazy here and let you all know about what's going on with this year's Inauguration. But I'll start off with what President-in-5-days will be reciting:

"I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of the President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Reading that brought a slight tear to my eye. Well, so did Bush's farewell speech but knowing you liberal bloggers I probably shouldn't go into depth =P

Crazy Item #1: Eli's Cheesecake

This year, Eli's Cheesecake has been offered the job to make a cheesecake for the Commander-In-Chief Inaugural Ball. The famous shop from Chicago is making a 500 lb apple-centered cheesecake consisting of:

-100 pounds of cream cheese
-30 pounds of sugar
-25 pounds of sour cream
-50 pounds of powdered sugar
-126 eggs
-15 pounds of flour
-50 pounds of Michigan apples
-30 pounds of butter
-4 cups of Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla
-5 pounds of brown sugar
-12 tablespoons of cinnamon from the Chicago Spice House

This truly patriotic cheesecake is expected to feed about 3000 Purple Heart Veterans and will have leftovers which will be donated to the DC food bank. I'm actually trying to get my hands on some Eli's Cheesecake, wish me luck! (Yes, it will be flown over from Chicago).

Crazy Item #2: Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream

Ben & Jerry's has created a special flavor of ice cream specifically for this Inauguration. It is appropriately titled, "Yes, Pecan!" and is described as "An Inspirational Blend! Amber Waves of Buttery Ice Cream With Roasted Non-Partisan Pecans."

Here's the website

This is partnered with the Common Cause Education Fund and for every $1 donated by you the ice cream gormandizers, Ben & Jerry's will match your $1 in donations. So if you manage to get your hands on some, donate! And let me know! Better yet, get me some =)

Crazy Item #3: POTUS with Class?

President-elect Obama and his family will begin their journey to the White House from Philadelphia. Why not Chicago or just stay put in their hotel in DC, you ask? I've been wondering that as well but he hasn't texted me back, sorry folks.

The trip will start on January 17th (we have perfected WMDs yet it takes 3 days for a train to get the president across the tiny state of Maryland? Amazing) in Philly and will stop at Wilmington, Delaware to pick up Vice President Biden and his family where from there they will travel to Baltimore (to greet an angry group of Ravens fans because he was in an enemy state before theirs), stop for awhile I assume, and then schlep to Washington, DC.

He has Air Force One, yet he wishes to take the train. There's supposed to be a theme but I don't get it. I don't want my president to be like me, I want him to have super powers and even with the ability to fly, I want him to take his flying apartment to travel to events such as the Inauguration. But that's just me.


An item that was cut from my list was the attempt by the world of Spiderman to capture the awesomeness of the Inauguration in a comic. Nice try, but many of us are still upset about the Stephen Colbert fiasco (I cannot believe Marvel put him through what Gore went through! Gosh!).

As promised, I will have full coverage of the Inauguration that, I assure you, will make competing blogs wipe the dirty tears off their faces with their own book that only gets advertisements in Spanish and German magazines equivalent to the National Enquirer. In other words, I will make Perez Hilton eat his own book so he can have a chance to learn how to spell. Sorry, Mario, in American, it's "Paris". Pez is a candy dispenser and if that was what you were going for, you spelled that wrong as well.

Enjoy the wonderful posts we have for you today and see you in roughly 5 days! (Unless something huge happens in the next few days). Ciao!

- Franny.

(Note: Any spelling errors in this article was for effect and was fully intentional.)

1 comment:

monkeyman133 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.