Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Your 2009 World Series Champions.

No no, we haven't gone back in time, ya'll haters don't have to re-live the horror *cough*JabberWocky*cough* Kidding! The Yankees had their home opener today and prior to the game against the Angels, they (finally) received their championship rings! They look GORGEOUS! Like seriously really really good. MLB put up a bunch of pictures but it looks much better on a Yankee hand, so here's Swish with it and another and another. I know for one I would definitely say "I do" if proposed to with that beauty!

And I want to share a video of the ring ceremony (which I can't embed apologies) because you not only see the core four receiving their rings (and Derek being freaking adorable with Yogi!), you get to see the classy-ness that is the Yankee organization as Hideki Matsui, who now plays for the Angels, receives his ring then is promptly NOM NOM NOM-ed by the Yankee boys who were his teammates not too long ago! Too cute for words seriously. Also, before the ring ceremony, Derek gave Hideki a fake ring as a joke! Boys will be boys =)

And, of course, to top off such an amazing ceremony, the boys win it 7-5 (though it should've been a shut out game...still hate Park and my hatred for Abreu has not died either, but I do forgive Robertson). Andy Pettitte looked 37 years YOUNG with SIX scoreless innings pitched and SIX strikeouts. Then the shaky middle relievers came in and gave up 5 runs, before Mo solidly shut it down to get the save. Derek also got his first home run of the season (before Alex and Tex I might add)! All in all, it has been a great day for the Yankees and Yankee fans (so ya'll haters can suck it!) =)

In other news, @KeithOlbermann is now on Twitter and believe me when I say I am obsessed with his tweets. I cannot stop reading whatever he's tweeting! I can only hope he replies to my crazy comments one of these days (though I doubt it since I always end up just retweeting him and telling him I may be a stalker...)

And Iron Man 2 is out in 23 days! Less than a month woo!!

Until next time! (new sign off? I still like GNGL better but haven't used it in awhile...)

- Franny.

No comments: