Monday, March 23, 2009

Slow News Weekend.

I just wanted to share with you all the comment I made in regards to the 'meanness' of Americans towards Canadians. If you're curious about the specifics of the altercation, Google "Fox being mean to Canada." Here is what I wrote:

This stint was brought to you by "Fox News Channel" on a show called "Red Eye". I don't think many Canadians even have FNC and I think even less people watch Red Eye.

These 'faux pundits' say whatever they want and continue to do so with no monitoring because a) it's on Fox News and b) no one watches the show.

Greg Gutfeld (bet many of you didn't know the host's name) and his 'guests' aren't being rude, they're just being American right-wing talking-heads who ran out of AIG jokes.

Canada shouldn't even care about this petty show and the false information it sends to its viewers because, once again, a) it's on Fox News and b) no one watches the show.

And besides, those stereotypes are well known by both Canadians and Americans, it shouldn't garner so much media attention anyway.


I made this comment on my Political Science class blog (I'm a geek yes) full of liberal university students so I hope they understand the language that I'm writing in and don't take offense to the words because I disregarded the death of the Canadian soldiers that prompted this topic on "Red Eye". In my defense, I'm offending everyone here so chillax =P

Ciao!

- Franny.

(BTW: Every blogger here will have their own color to post in so you lovely readers can tell us apart. Jen is pink and I am, obviously, green. More colors to come from the others!)

No comments: