Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hair and financial advice

Hello again,

Ok so I'm getting tired of hearing about this economic crisis. I don't really need people reminding me how crappy our future financial lives will be or want to be told how difficult it will be for me after I graduate.

But I'm lucky cos NZ tv media is full of crap.

I came across this thing the other night when watching the news. Apparently a bunch of old men in a small town in NZ were told to grow all their facial hair (beards, nose hair, ear hair the works!) towards the end of last year for an American movie to be filmed this year (cos NZ is totally the new Hollywood). The film company came across some problems and wouldn't answer their calls and have basically shafted them. So now all these old very hairy men are sitting around in a small country town contemplating shaving their faces.

Now these guys have been like this for a couple of months now and are still not sure if they should shave their beards etc for fear of losing their role as extras in a movie that may not be filmed.

My question for you is, how long would you wait (females pretend to me males) before you shaved your face? And do you think these men are stupid and should clean themselves up?

Continuing on the topic of hair.. I was watching Oprah yesterday and did you know that super expensive hair extensions are taken from India. Hindu's shave their heads in a religious sacrifice and then that hair is sold to American salons as hair extensions. Cheaper places take "dead hair" which is the hair that falls out after Indian women (in India) comb their hair and sell it to people who export the hair out.

Is it just me or does this sound a little gross? And does this change your mind about getting hair extensions.

Hey at least if you have nice hair you have options in these hard financial times. If the crisis gets too much for you, just shave your head.

No comments: